- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Don Vito Ribeye with a side of Glazed Asparagus Recipe Video
|Rib eye steak||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||3 Medium, slice|
|Mushrooms||7 Medium, slice|
|Cherry tomatoes||6 Medium, halved|
|Grape tomatoes||6 Medium, halved|
|Sundried tomatoes||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||5 Medium|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1323 Calories from Fat 699
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g122.4%
Saturated Fat 28.8 g143.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 184.4 mg61.5%
Sodium 1464.7 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.2%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 83 g165.8%
Vitamin A 81.4% Vitamin C 85.9%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 54.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season the rib eye steak with salt, pepper, olive oil, fresh oregano, lemon juice and 2 chopped garlic cloves.
2. Heat a skillet and place the seasoned steak on it and brown for 3-5 minutes on each side until medium rare.
3. Once it is done, place the rib eye on a plate to rest.
4. For the Don Vito sauce: In the same pan, add the mushrooms, remaining garlic and shallots and caramelize.
5. Once caramelized, add the cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoed, grape tomatoes, fresh basil and scallions and cook.
6. In the meanwhile, in a pan, bring the water to a boil and blanch the asparagus for 3-4 minutes.
7. Once the asparagus is blanched, add a tablespoon of butter to a low heat skillet along with the asparagus, salt and pepper and toss.
8. Add a tablespoon of butter into the Don Vito sauce pan and season with salt and pepper and toss well.
9. Plate the steak along with the a topping of the Don vito sauce and asparagus on the