- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Red Peppers Recipe
|Yellow bell peppers||6 Large (1 Package)|
|Red bell peppers/Yellow peppers/a combination of the two||6 Large|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 69.5 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g3%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 429%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Over open gas flame, roast the peppers on all sides till the skins are blackened.
2) Take a large paper bag, put in the peppers, close for 5 minutes till they 'sweat'.
3) Take the peppers from bag and rub off the pepper skins with your fingers.
4) Core and de-seed the peppers and slice them lengthwise into quarters.
5) Line peppers on a serving platter and toss with olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper.
6) Serve immediately.