- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Red Pepper Tofu Dip Recipe Video
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Freshly squeezed)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon (organic)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 967 Calories from Fat 747
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.6%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1927.1 mg80.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 23 g46.3%
Vitamin A 158.6% Vitamin C 584.8%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the red peppers on a baking sheet and put them into the preheated oven roast for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
2. Once they are roasted, places them into a paper bag and let it sweat for 60 minutes.
3. In a bowl, place the lemon juice.
4. Break the tofu into chunks ,put it into a food processor, pour the lemon juice, olive oil , kosher salt and organic cider vinegar, process it until its nice and smooth.
5. Transfer the contents into a bowl and set that aside.
6. Meanwhile cut the peppers into half on a chopping board and scrape out the seeds and peel the pepper meat away from the skin.
7. Pop the pepper meat into the same processor and pulse it down to a chunky consistency.
8. Now add the minced pepper meat to the tofu mixture and give it a good stir.
9. Roasted red pepper tofu dip can be served with whole grain tortilla chips or baked potatoes.