- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Red Pepper And Chicken Fusilli Recipe
|Fusilli/Penne / elbow macaroni||12 Ounce|
|Mushrooms||10 Ounce (3 Cup)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Small, minced|
|Roasted red peppers/Roasted pimientos||12 Ounce (2 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese/Mild fresh goat's cheese||4 Ounce|
|Ground chicken/Ground turkey||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 827 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 162.7 mg
Sodium 928 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 49 g98.4%
Vitamin A 72.5% Vitamin C 88.4%
Calcium 33.3% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel, trim 1/4 inch off the bottom of the stems, then cut the mushrooms into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute just to coat them with the oil, about 1 minute. Add the garlic, cover, and simmer until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
4. While the mushrooms are cooking, puree the roasted peppers with the cheese in a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
5. When the mushrooms are tender, add the turkey to the skillet and saute over medium heat, uncovered, stirring constantly to break up the clumps, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pot, off the heat. Add the mushroom and turkey mixture to the pasta and toss until well combined. Adjust the seasoning. When serving, top each portion of pasta with some of the roasted pepper and cheese mixture.