- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Pumpkin Soup Recipe Video
|Sweet pumpkin||3 Pound, sliced|
|Onion||1 , halved|
|Apples||2 , peeled, cored and quartered|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||5|
|Warm chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Creme fraiche||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg
Sodium 214.8 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 255.9% Vitamin C 35.6%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan and deep fry the sage leaves. Place it over the kitchen towel.
3. Place the pumpkin over the prepared baking dish along with other ingredients and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
4. Take out the vegetables from the oven and peel the pumpkin. Add in all the ingredients in a blender along with warm chicken stock. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour the soup in a large pot and cook for a few minutes and adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
6. Ladle out soup in a serving bowl and garnish with sage leaves and crème fraiche. Serve and enjoy!