- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Peppers With Olives And Wine Recipe
|Red peppers/Yellow peppers||6 Pound|
|Brine cured black olives||6|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||2|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Red wine/White wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2442 Calories from Fat 1633
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 176 g271.4%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 430.9 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.3%
Dietary Fiber 57.9 g231.7%
Sugars 114.4 g
Protein 28 g55.6%
Vitamin A 1708.2% Vitamin C 5808.5%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 69.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Over a gas stove or under broiler, roast the peppers, turning frequently, until it turns black all over.
2) Put the peppers in a bowl and cover it with a plastic film.
3) Leave the peppers in the bowl for 10 minutes.
4) Peel the skin off the peppers.
5) Cut the peppers into half, remove the cores, seeds and ribs, do it on top of a bowl to save the juices.
6) Put the peppers in a wide mouth quart jar.
7) Strain the juice over it.
8) Add olive, thyme and garlic to the peppers.
9) Add vinegar and olive oil, enough to cover the peppers.
10) Stir to release air bubble if any.
11) Cover and refrigerate.