- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Peppers In Oil Recipe
|Red bell peppers||3|
|Yellow bell peppers||3|
|Green bell peppers||3|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), finely chopped|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 977.9 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 65.2% Vitamin C 432.6%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Place the peppers on a cookie sheet.
3. Place then under the boiler and roast for about 30 minutes turning them frequently until the skin is evenly blistered and charred.
4. Remove from under the broiler and transfer them immediately to a bowl.
5. Cover the bowl with a kitchen cloth and let the peppers stand in the steam for about 10 minutes.
6. Peel the skin off the peppers.
7. Slice off the tops, remove and discard the seeds and piths.
8. Cut peppers into thick strips.
9. Pour the roasting juices into a serving bowl add remaining ingredients to it. Stir to blend.
10. Add peppers to the dressing and toss well to coat.
11. Serve the peppers warm or cold.