- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Pepper Salad Recipe
|Sweet peppers||2 Medium (Red And/Or Yellow)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium|
|Broccoli flowerets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baby pear tomatoes/Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Hearts of palm||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced, drained, canned|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ground black pepper||14 Teaspoon|
|Boston lettuce leaves||4 (For Garnishing)|
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.99 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6959.6 mg290%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 48.8% Vitamin C 213%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 37.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) For roasting the peppers, quarter the peppers lengthwise.
3) Remove the stems and seeds and cut small slits into the ends of the pieces to make them lie flat.
4) Place pepper pieces; cut sides down, on a baking sheet lined with foil.
5) Bake in a 425° F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until skins are bubbly and brown.
6) Immediately place pepper pieces in a clean brown paper bag and close the bag tightly; cool for a while.
7) In a covered medium saucepan, cook broccoli in a small amount of boiling water for about 5 minutes; drain well.
8) Peel the cooled pepper pieces with a sharp knife.
9) Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips; cut strips crosswise in half.
10) Add pepper strips, broccoli, tomatoes, and hearts of palm in a large bowl.
11) For the marinade, add the oil, parsley, water, lemon juice, garlic, basil, salt, and ground pepper to the quick shake container.
12) Apply seal and shake well.
13) Pour marinade over pepper mixture.
14) Toss lightly to coat.
15) Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours, stirring at times.
16) Line salad plates with lettuce leaves.
17) Divide pepper mixture among the plates and serve.