- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Parsnips with Honey Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4619 mg192.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash, peel and rewash the parsnips and cut them into approx. 8cm lengths.
2. Cut each piece on half lengthways and then in half once again.
3. Remove any tough core from the middle of the parsnips such that there are finger-shaped parsnips about 8cm in length.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5).
5. Pour oil into a roasting tray or ovenproof dish and heat in the oven.
6. When hot, remove from the oven and add the parsnips and season to taste.
7. Quickly stir to ensure the parsnips are evenly coated with oil and return to the oven and roast for about 12–15 minutes.
8. Remove the parsnips from the oven and stir in the clear honey and return to the oven for about a further 10 minutes.
9. Remove the roasted parsnips from the oven, using tongs, place them into warmed serving dishes or onto warmed plates.