- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Onions Recipe
|Onions/4 medium size spanish onions, peeled||8 Medium (Yellow Or Bermuda)|
|Bacon drippings/Shortening/lard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.6 mg
Sodium 131.4 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Butter a baking dish or casserole dish
3. Butter a baking dish or casserole dish
4. Arrange the onions in it.
5. Drizzle drippings or fat over the onions.
6. Place the dish in the preheated oven and roast the onions for 50 to 90 minutes, depending on the type and size of onions, until soft. Turn the onions occasionally while roasting.
7. Remove the dish from the oven and transfer the browned onions on a paper towel.
8. Place the onions in a bowl or dish
9. Season them with salt and pepper
10. Serve the onions as a side dish with roasts or grills or use in cooking as required.