- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Marinated Peppers With Capers Recipe
|Sweet peppers||8 , well shaped (Red / Yellow / A Combination)|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 0.65 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 131.7 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 268.5%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the broiler.
2. Place the rack for the peppers 2 or 3 inches from the flame.
3. Roast the peppers on the hot rack for about 5 to 10 minutes.
4. With tongs or two wooden spoons, turn the peppers around often until completely charred.
5. Put the peppers in a brown paper bag and twist tightly to seal right away.
6. Keep this aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Slip off the charred skin from the peppers and pull out the stems so that most of the seeds come out with it.
8. Now cut them open and discard remaining ribs and seeds. Do not rinse.
9. Cut or tear each pepper into two or four pieces.
10. In a shallow glass dish, layer the pepper pieces with any collected juices.
11. To this, sprinkle a teaspoon of vinegar, a little salt if desired, and generous grindings of pepper.
12. Go on layering until all are used up.
13. You can also add several tablespoons of capers when layering.
14. Finally, add just enough olive oil to cover the top layer thinly.
15. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
16. Serve at room temperature, sprinkled with generous grindings of black pepper