- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Ham and Lentil Soup Recipe Video
|Ham||6 Pound, dice|
|Ham hocks||2 , smoke|
|Fresh garlic cloves||5 , mince|
|Carrots||5 Small, dice|
|Celery stalks||5 Small, dice|
|Yellow onions||2 , dice|
|Potatoes||3 Large, peeled and diced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||160 Ounce|
|Fresh oregano||4 Tablespoon, chop|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 3991 Calories from Fat 1759
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 196 g300.9%
Saturated Fat 54.8 g274.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 831.9 mg277.3%
Sodium 2874.2 mg119.8%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.5%
Dietary Fiber 60.1 g240.5%
Sugars 32.5 g
Protein 330 g659.2%
Vitamin A 217.6% Vitamin C 101.5%
Calcium 32% Iron 121.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a big pot, caramelize garlic, chopped carrots, celery, and onions in olive oil.
2. Once caramelized, add in lentils and toast for 3-4 minutes.
3. Next add diced ham and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Add the diced potatoes to a bowl of cold water so they don't turn brown. Once the chicken stock starts to boil, add in potatoes.
5. Add fresh oregano and adjust salt and pepper. Add the smoked ham-hocks for additional flavor and cook further.
6. Ladle into bowls and serve with cornbread.