- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Gaspacho Soup Recipe Video
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Small, chopped|
|Mozarella cheese||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), crumbled|
Calories 63 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.5 mg
Sodium 142.3 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.4%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 61.5%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut off the base of the garlic.
3. On a baking rack over a roasting pan, place garlic, tomatoes and bell pepper and broil in the oven until they blacken turning every 5 minutes.
4. Once the tomatoes are soft, remove them from the roasting pan.
5. Let the tomatoes cool slightly, peel and discard their skins.
6. Take out the roasting pan once the bell pepper is charred from all sides.
7. Place the bell pepper on a plate, cover with kitchen paper and allow to cool.
8. Peel the roasted garlic and bell paper cooled.
9. Cut the tomatoes in half, and scoop out the seeds.
10. Put the tomatoes, pepper and garlic into a food processor and process them for 30 seconds or until the mixture will still be a little chunky.
11. Add the salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil and process for 30 more seconds or until smooth.
12. Cover the soup and refrigerate the soup for at least 2 hours.
13. Serve the chilled soup in a soup bowl and sprinkle with cucumber and mozzarella on top.