- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smashed Potatoes Recipe Video
|Red potatoes with skin||12 , quartered (Cranberry red potatoes used)|
|Salt||2 Pinch (Boiled in salt water)|
|Skimmed milk/Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use as required)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|For seasoning the mashed potatoes|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||To Taste (Other(Full absorption))|
|Fresh black pepper||To Taste, ground|
|Fresh chives||1 Tablespoon (as per taste)|
|For roasting the garlic head|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.7 mg
Sodium 339.4 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 12 g24.7%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 68.7%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Potato masher
1. Take a garlic head, cut about quarter of the bottom off to expose the cloves. Season it with some olive oil, salt, pepper and some herbs (if required) and wrap it up in a piece of foil tightly and roast it in an oven heated to 400 F for about 20 to 25 minutes until its soft.
2. In a pot boil some water and add in the quartered potatoes and some salt to the boiling water. Cover and let it cook for about 20 to 25 minutes until they are fork tender.
3. Once the potatoes are done, drain them and put them back into the same hot pot.
4. Add the skimmed milk, small portions at a time, making sure not to add too much of it. Add the parmesan cheese and squeeze out the roasted garlic from its skin into the pot of potatoes. Using a potato masher, mash the ingredients in the pot well till they are done.
5. Serve together with other dishes or can be used as an ingredient for various other dishes.