- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic Bread Recipe Video
|For roasting the garlic|
|Garlic cloves||20 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Flaked salt||1 Pinch|
|For the garlic bread|
|Herb rub||1⁄2 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Ciabatta bread slices||13 Small|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.4%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g86.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.7 mg
Sodium 668.2 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Masher
1. Peel all the garlic cloves and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F.
3. In a pot, place all the peeled cloves of garlic in cold water. Bring to a boil. Then, strain.
4. Repeat this 2 more times.
5. Place the garlic clove sin a baking dish, drizzle some olive oil followed by sprinkles of flaked salt. Toss to mix well.
6. Place in the preheated oven and roast for about 12 minutes or until soft.
7. Once done, take them out and mash them using a potato masher.
8. To the mashed garlic add butter, herb rub and mix well.
9. Slice ciabatta bread and smear the prepared garlic spread on the bread slices.
10. It can either be grilled, broiled until toasted, or baked in an oven, as shown in the video.
11. Serve and enjoy.