- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baba Ganouche with Roasted Garlic Recipe Video
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 88 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 198.1 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Place onion ina a bowl dizzle with olive oil(1 teaspoon) and mix.Transfer to a baking dish.
3. In a roaster bowl, place the garlic, drizzle with olive oil(2 tablespoon) and cover with aluminium foil.
5. Using a fork, poke the eggplant.
6. Bake the onion and garlic at 375F for 45 to 50 minutes.
7. In the meantime, on a gas stove, put on the flame and place the eggplant, using a tong, turn occasionally, char until the skin turns black.
8. Cut the eggplant into half lengthwise.
9. In a baking dish with onion, place the eggplant with the flat side down.
10. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until it turns soft.Remove the eggplant from oven and place the onions back into the oven.
11. Allow the eggplant to cool.
12. Peel the eggplant, and squeeze to remove the excess liquid.
13. Peel the garlic cloves or squeeze out the juice.
14. In a food processor, place all the ingredients and blend to a fine paste.
15. On a serving plate, spread the mixture, drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and serve with pita bread or crackers.