- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Garlic Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 124 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 0.73 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.8 mg
Sodium 286.4 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.51%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 275Â°F.
2) Remove any loose skin from the garlic bulb.
3) Cut 1/4 inch off the top (non-stem side) of each bulb, exposing the raw cloves.
4) In a baking dish, place the garlic.
5) Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper on the bulbs.
6) On the bottom of the dish, pour the wine and the stock.
7) Bake the garlic for 1 1/4 hours, or until soft.
8) Remove from the oven and allow the garlic to cool.
9) Finally, press the soft garlic out of the loose skin.
10) Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.