- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Game Hens With Orange Parsley Stuffing Recipe
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Cubed sourdough bread||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Game hens||48 Ounce, split in half (2 In Number, 24 Ounce Each)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 348
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.6%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 276.7 mg
Sodium 860.6 mg35.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 74 g147.8%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 9% Iron 42.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven moderately to 375 degrees.
2) Greased a 11" by 14" pan with oil.
3) To prepare stuffing, in a mixing bowl mix orange juice, egg yolk, melted butter, parsley and orange zest.
4) Add bread cubes, toss and keep aside.
5) Sprinkle salt, pepper and ginger over split hens.
6) Put the hens in the pan skin-side down.
7) Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
8) In a small bowl, mix orange juice, sherry, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
9) Take out pan from oven.
10) Discard the excess fat from the pan, if desired.
11) Upside the hens and brush with orange juice mixture.
12) Place the prepared stuffing closer to split hens and roast for another 30 minutes, basting frequently.
13) Serve hot.