- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Eggplant and Tapenade Tart Recipe
|Garlic heads||2 Small|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground allspice||1 Pinch|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Brine cured black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted|
|Minced thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Dark rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Baked 9 inch tart shell||1|
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.9 mg
Sodium 607.1 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F
2) Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and brush with oil.
3) Peel and slice the eggplants lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
4) Separate the garlic cloves , peel and reserve 1 garlic clove.
5) Arrange the eggplant slices in single layer on the baking sheet and scatter the garlic cloves.
6) Drizzle over the olive oil and brush little on the eggplant slices.
7) Season lightly with salt.
8) Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast the eggplants for 20 minutes until golden brown and soft. Remove the early browned slices while roasting.
9) Remove from the oven and allow the eggplant and garlic to cool slightly.
10) Squeeze the warm roasted garlic out of its skin into the food processor bowl.
11) Add the peeled raw garlic clove into the food processor bowl and blend into a smooth paste.
12) Add the egg, milk, cream and allspice and parsley to the garlic paste and process until thoroughly blended.
13) Transfer the egg mixture into a bowl and keep aside.
14) In the same processor bowl, process the olives, anchovies, capers, thyme into a paste.
15) Add a little oil if the paste is too dry, then transfer to a bowl.
16) Spread the olive paste at the bottom of the tart shell, cover with the eggplant slices and pour the egg mixture over the eggplants.
17) Place the tart shell on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until the topping is set.
18) Remove the tart from the oven and allow to slightly cool.
19) Slice and serve the Roasted Eggplant and Tapenade Tart with some freshly tossed green salad.