- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Corn with Lime and Parmesan Recipe Video
|Sweet corn ears||5 (in husk or bi-color corn in husk)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno||1 , finely chopped (half seeds removed)|
|Scallions||2 , thnly sliced|
|Lime||1 , zested and juiced|
|Grated parmesan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.6 mg
Sodium 621.3 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.5%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 25 g50.4%
Vitamin A 25.8% Vitamin C 54%
Calcium 36.5% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1 Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. On a baking sheet, place the unhusked corn and roast in oven for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
4. Shuck the corn and cut the kernels from the cob.
5. In a pan, on high heat, heat the oil and butter together.
6. Put in the kernels, sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes and stir until heated through.
7. In a serving bowl, put the corn and sprinkle with the jalapeno, scallions, lime zest, lime juice, and parmesan cheese.
8.Serve as it is or toss before serving, if desired.