- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Corn Stuffed Poblanos Recipe Video
|For roasting corn|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For roasting poblanos|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lime zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lisanatti cheddar-style vegan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 933 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 706 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 172 g57.4%
Dietary Fiber 20.4 g81.4%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A 80.9% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 44.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a baking sheet place the corn, pour in the oil, add in green onions and season with salt and cumin.
2. Roast corn in preheated oven at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes.
3. Turn the corn and again roast for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
5. Put the poblanos on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, cumin and salt.
6. Roast until they begin to brown and soften, for 20 minutes at 450 degrees F.
7. Take out from oven and cut a 2-inch slit lengthwise into each pepper, remove the seeds and open the peppers slightly.
8. Take out the kernels from each cob and place that in a large bowl.
9. Add in roasted green onions, half of vegan cheese, lime zest and juice. Season with salt.
10. Spoon the corn mixture into the peppers. Sprinkle the filling with the remaining Vegan Cheese Shreds.
11. Return the peppers to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, for 8 minutes.
12. Serve poblanos with stir fried vegetables and enjoy!