- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Chickpea Soup with Grilled Shrimp Recipe Video
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (With 1 tablespoon of salt)|
|Red onion||1 Medium, slice|
|Sage||4 Medium (Leaves)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, chop|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White potato||1 Medium, cubed|
|Prawns||4 Large (With tails left on)|
Calories 1593 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.6%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 279.4 mg
Sodium 656.7 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 242 g80.6%
Dietary Fiber 75.4 g301.5%
Sugars 41.6 g
Protein 98 g197%
Vitamin A 51.1% Vitamin C 68.8%
Calcium 94.9% Iron 180.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil the chickpeas in the salted water along with olive oil, chopped garlic, onions and potatoes.
2. Skim the top of the boiling water continueously for 10 minutes.
3. Add tomato puree and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
4. Blend the mix in a blender.
5. Add the mix back into a pan and add olive oil, pepper and sage and mix.
6. In a plate, add the shrimp and prawn along with a tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper.
7. Toss on the grill for 5-6 minutes.
8 Add the prawns and shrimp into the soup mix without breaking the meat.
9. Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes.
10. Ladle into soup bowls with the large prawns in the middle for display.