- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Chicken and Vegetables Tray Recipe Video
|Red onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrots||5 , sliced|
|Parsnips||5 , sliced|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken legs and thighs||1 Pound|
|Canned chickpeas||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 739.4 mg30.8%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.7%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 257.1% Vitamin C 54.2%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/ 375 degrees F.
2. In a roasting pan, place chicken and vegetables.
3. Drizzle in olive oil and season with mixed herbs, salt and pepper. Nicely rub with hands.
4. Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile in a saucepan, boil water and add in the rice. Cook for 20 minutes and then drain
6. After 40 minutes take out the roasting pan from the oven and add in the chickpeas. Roast for another 10 minutes.
7. Serve roasted chicken along with rice.