- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Chicken, Jack Cheese And Corn Tamales Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||2 Large|
|Cabot jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed for dough)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (for chicken)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Dash, freshly cracked (as needed, to taste)|
|Seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Harvest Eating Grilled Chicken Seasoning)|
|Masa harina||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for dough)|
|Lard||1 Tablespoon (for dough)|
Calories 766 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.1%
Saturated Fat 19 g94.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.8 mg
Sodium 969.2 mg40.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 53 g106.9%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 62.8% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, place the chicken breasts, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt, black pepper and seasoning.
2) Grate the cabot jack cheese with a box grater and set aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine the masa harina, lard, salt and hot water, as needed to make the tamale dough.
4) Set up a steamer with water and tight-fitting lid.
5) In a hot heavy cast iron skillet, drizzle olive oil and roast the chicken breasts until done.
6) In a bowl, transfer the chicken breasts, allow to cool down to room temperature, shred the chicken and set aside.
7) In a pan, saute the sweet corn in butter until golden brown in color. In a bowl, transfer the cooked corn and set aside.
8) On a large sheet of heavy duty tin foil press tamale dough into a rectangular shape.
9) Add about 2 tablespoons of grated cheese, 1 tablespoon sweet corn, 3 tablespoons shredded chicken.
10) Lift up the dough with the foil, seal the filling with fingers and shape the tamale.
11) Wrap up the tamale foil wrapper and twist the ends tightly. Repeat the process with rest of the filling and dough.
12) In the prepared steamer, place the tamale and steam for about 35 to 40 minutes until, the tamales are done.
13) Transfer the tamales to a serving plate, remove the foil and cut the tamale into half on the bias.
14) Top the tamale with roasted poblano vinaigrette, roasted tomato and chipotle salsa. Garnish with cilantro and some fresh squeezed lime juice and serve immediately.