- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Carrots with Goat s Cheese Recipe
|Baby carrots||500 Gram|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon, toasted|
|Black mustard seeds/Brown mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried chili/A pinch of dried chili flakes||1 , crumbled|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft cheese||150 Gram|
|Coriander||1 Cup (16 tbs), roughly chopped|
Calories 222 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.2 mg
Sodium 241.1 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 363.6% Vitamin C 60.8%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Steam the carrots for 5 minutes until half cooked.
3. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas
4. In a roasting pan toss the carrots, seeds, chilli and garlic with a drizzle of oil and half the orange juice.
5. Roast for 20 minutes until char grilled.
6. Heap onto a serving plate.
7. Crumble the goats cheese on top and drizzle with remaining orange juice.
8.Garnish with fresh coriander.
9. Serve as a salad or with couscous.