- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Pork Chops with Maple Mustard Sauce and Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe Video
|Butternut squash||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and cut into 1/2 inch squares|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , mince|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Arborio rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chardonnay||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3 Pint|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce|
|Fresh sage||2 Tablespoon, chiffonade|
|Pork chops||3 , boneless|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grainy dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1053 Calories from Fat 462
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.3%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 143.4 mg
Sodium 1125.8 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 28.7 g
Protein 43 g86.5%
Vitamin A 123.7% Vitamin C 27.9%
Calcium 43.5% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the Butternut Squash Risotto: In a hot skillet, add a little olive oil and the butternut squash and caramelize.
2. In another skillet, add the minced yellow onion and caramelize. Add the arborio rice and toast for a few minutes.
3. De-glaze with some white wine.
4. Add the browned butternut squash into the arborio rice and mix together.
5. Add a ladle of chicken stock and mix continuously. Repeat until all the chicken stock is completely absorbed.
6. Finish with some parmesan cheese, butter and some chiffonade sage.
7. Adjust salt and pepper. Put a lit on the risotto and let it sit.
8. For the Roasted Pork Chops: Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
9. Heat a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and brown the pork chops on all side. Remove from skillet and let it sit.
10. Add a ladle of chicken stock into the same skillet and cook down.
11. Add maple syrup, grainy mustard, thyme leaves and adjust salt and pepper.
12. Plate the pumpkin risotto with the pork chops on the side. Drizzle the sauc