- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Butter Nut Squash Bisque Paired with Rodney Strong Chardonnay Recipe Video
|Leeks||2 , slice|
|Carrot||1 Medium, slice|
|Onion||1 Medium, slice|
|Celery sticks||3 , slice|
|Garlic cloves||5 , chop|
|Butternut squash||1 , peeled and cubed|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Thyme sprigs||2 Large|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.8 mg
Sodium 289.5 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.1%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 763% Vitamin C 145.6%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Toss the butternut squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Lay this out on a tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. In a pot, roast the carrots, onion, leeks and celery with a tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Add the butternut squash and de-glaze with some white wine.
5. Add the chicken stock and thyme sprigs and cook until the vegetables become tender. Once done, remove the thyme sprigs.
6. Puree the vegetables with a hand blender.
7. Finish with heavy cream and salt and white pepper.
8. Ladle into bowls, garnish with cilantro and serve as an appetizer along with Rodney Strong Chardonnay.