- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Recipe Video
|Brussels sprouts||1 Pound, cleaned, sliced into 4|
|Bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
Calories 126 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.43 mg
Sodium 135.9 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 162.5%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a frying pan, brown the bacon and transfer it to a paper towel. Retain the fat rendered.
2. To the same pan, add olive oil and add onion. Saute till translucent.
3. Put the Brussels sprouts and stir it. Allow it to cook for around 5 minutes or till its bottom turns brown. Pour the red wine vinegar and let it evaporate.
4. Finally return the bacon to the pan, mix it well and season with salt and pepper and stir again to mix.
5. In a serving plate, serve it as a side dish with choice of meat dish or as an appetizer.