- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Beets Recipe
|Raw beets||8 Medium (2 Pounds)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1560 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2829.6 mg117.9%
Total Carbohydrates 347 g115.6%
Dietary Fiber 101.6 g406.3%
Sugars 245.2 g
Protein 58 g116.8%
Vitamin A 23.9% Vitamin C 296.3%
Calcium 58% Iron 161.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Wash beets with water.
3. Chop the stems and roots; leave 1 inch of each on the beets.
4. In individual aluminum foils, wrap each beet.
5. In a baking sheet, place aluminum wrapped beets.
6. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours until tender.
7. Remove from the oven.
8. Let them stand for cooking.
9. When the beets are cool enough to handle, slip the skins off.
10. Refrigerate in closed container until ready to use.
11. Use for making salad.