- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Beet and Chicken Salad Recipe Video
|Baby beets||6 , stems removed|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||2|
|Creole seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Salad greens||4 Cup (64 tbs) (assorted)|
|Chickpea||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained, rinsed|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Ripe tomato||1 Large, dice|
|Green onion||3 , chop|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
|Regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh herbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chop (chives, sage, parsley, oregano, basil etc)|
Calories 932 Calories from Fat 443
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.3%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.6 mg22.2%
Sodium 1064.9 mg44.4%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 25.9 g103.4%
Sugars 52.7 g
Protein 40 g79.8%
Vitamin A 39.1% Vitamin C 117.5%
Calcium 27.7% Iron 47.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Drizzle olive oil on beet, skin on, and wrap it in an aluminium foil.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil, place chicken breast, and spice it with Creole seasoning.
4. Place both beet and chicken in oven, and cook until beets are tender, and chicken is done as per your choice.
5. While the chicken is roasting in oven, in an airtight container, add olive oil, herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Mix it well. Place it in refrigerator for an hour.
6. Remove the beet skin under cold running water. Chop it into bite sized pieces.
7. Cut chicken into pieces.
8. In a bowl combine beet pieces, and chicken. Toss it well.
9. In a separate bowl, add celery, chick peas, cucumber, salad greens, tomato, and green onion. Mix well.
10. Drop chicken mixture into the bowl with salad greens. Mix.
11. Add feta cheese and salad dressing in it. Toss.
12. Serve roasted beet and chicken salad with crusty whole grain bread.