- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Aubergine With Bulgar And Zesty Dressing Recipe
|Aubergines||2 , halved lengthways|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Bulgar wheat||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Onions||2 Large, finely sliced|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned chickpeas||400 Gram, rinsed and drained|
|Coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Use A Handful)|
|Mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Use A Handful)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Lemon||1 , zest grated and juice extracted|
Calories 1311 Calories from Fat 448
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.3%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 651.2 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 198 g65.9%
Dietary Fiber 51.2 g204.7%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 105.8%
Calcium 28.5% Iron 55.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas
2. Using the tip of a knife make a criss-cross pattern in the aubergine.
3. Let it sit in a roasting tin, brushing with 2 tablespoon olive oil, seasoning and roast for 30 minutes.
4. Into a pan add the bulghar with 1 litre of water.
5. Let it boil, then simmer for 15 minutes until soft.
6. In 1 tablespoon olive oil cook the onions such that golden and soft, add the cumin and cook for 1 minute. more.
7. Draining the bulghar stir it into the onions with the chickpeas and season.
8. Combine the rest of the oil with the herbs, garlic, lemon zest, juice and seasoning.
9. On each plate piling a quarter of the bulghar mix, top with half an aubergine and drizzle over some dressing.