- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Asparagus Recipe Video
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg
Sodium 199.9 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 8% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. A large baking sheet with a rim
2. A sheet of foil to line the baking sheet
1. Preheat your oven to 450 F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with a rim with foil.
3. In the lined baking sheet arrange the asparagus into a single layer and drizzle over the top about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the arranged asparagus spears. Roll them a little so that all the spears are well coated with the olive oil and the salt and pepper.
5. Roast the asparagus in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes.
6. After about 12 minutes remove the baking sheet and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the roasted asparagus spears.
7. Put the baking sheet back into the oven for another couple of minutes so that the cheese melts and is a golden brown in color.
8. Serve warm freshly roasted.
The asparagus can also be roasted with olive oil, garlic or even shallots omitting the cheese if required.
The cooking time depends on the thickness of the spears. The thicker they are the more time they would need to cook.