- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Veal with Vegetables- روست بيف وصفة طبخ لحم عجل خضار Recipe Video
|Veal fillet||3 Pound (prepared by your butcher shop, tied with cooking thread)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Salt||To Taste, divided|
|Black pepper||To Taste, divided|
|Allspice||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Onions||1 , sliced|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 418
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.5%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g87%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.7 mg49.9%
Sodium 201.9 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 45 g91%
Vitamin A 76.6% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix together garlic, parsley and season with salt, black pepper and allspice.
2. Wash the veal, cut slits ½ inch deep in it. Stuff in the parsley mixture into the slits.
3. In a deep pan, heat the oil and place veal. Fry in hot oil from all sides.
4. Season with salt, black pepper and allspice.
5. Add in the onions and cook for a few minutes.
6. Stir in the carrots and pour in hot water and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and let it simmer until the liquid is half way evaporated.
7. Take out the veal fillet from the pan and slice. Put back in the pot to keep it warm.
8. Plate your meat and veggies and serve hot with mashed potatoes on the side.