- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Turkey With Sage Stuffing Recipe
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onions||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), chopped|
|Powdered sage||1 Tablespoon|
|Bread cubes||14 Cup (224 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Melted butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 1959 Calories from Fat 1042
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 117 g180.1%
Saturated Fat 52.2 g260.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 717.6 mg
Sodium 1436.7 mg59.9%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 171 g341.5%
Vitamin A 46.4% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 81.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
2) Wipe the turkey with a damp cloth and sprinkle salt, pepper and lemon juice inside the turkey.
3) Combine 1 cup melted butter, celery, onions, sage, marjoram, thyme, salt and pepper.
4) In a large skillet, cook the mixture for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned. Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 2-4 minutes. 5) In a large bowl, place the bread crumbs, add the celery-onion mixture and toss well with the chicken stock and parsley.
6) Adjust the seasonings and stuff the turkey loosely with the dressing and secure with the skewer.
7) Place rest of the dressing in aluminum foil and bake during the last hour of roasting
8) Skewer the wings in closely and tie the legs together.
9) In a large roasting pan or on a broiler pan, place the turkey breast-side up over a rack.
10) Apply 1/2 cup melted butter over the turkey and cover the turkey with foil leave a gap for the steam to escape.
11) Roast in the preheated oven for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours, basting with the melted butter and pan juices, every hour.
12) Uncover and roast the turkey for the last hour and place the foil-wrapped dressing by the side.
13) Slice and serve in a nice plate.