- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Turkey Half Breast Recipe
|Turkey half breast||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.3 mg
Sodium 64.7 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 0.11 g0.04%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.18%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 37 g73.4%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 0.08% Iron 0.27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash turkey half-breast and trim off excess fat.
2. Pat it dry on paper toweling.
3. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat the oven to 350° F
5. Place turkey, skin side up, on a roasting rack over a pan.
6. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part breast, without it touching the bone.
7. Roast turkey breast in preheated oven for 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 180° to 185° F. If you do not have a meat thermometer, check for doneness by inserting a sharp tipped knife into thickest porting. The meat should be tender.
8. Remove and rest turkey for 10 minutes before slicing
9. Slice the turkey and serve with a gravy or sauce or use as required.