- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Turkey / Chicken Recipe
|Fat bacon slices||6|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Can Be Made With A Chicken Cube)|
|Bacon||60 Gram, chopped|
|Breadcrumbs||90 Gram (Brown, Fresh)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 , grated (From 1/2 Lemon)|
Calories 1081 Calories from Fat 446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.2%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 460.2 mg
Sodium 573.1 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 127 g253.8%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 45.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut chestnut skins.
2) Preheat oven moderately.
3) In a saucepan, boil chestnut skins in water for 10 to 15 minutes.
4) Put along with stock and simmer until tender.
5) Mash the chestnuts well.
6) Add chopped bacon, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon rind and butter. Mix well.
7) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8) Bind with the beaten egg.
9) Stuff the mixture into the turkey.
10) With the remaining stuffing make small balls and roast it with turkey.
11) Cover turkey breast with bacon and roast in oven for about three hours for a 12 pound bird.
12) Brown the turkey and cover with baking foil.
13) Pass turkey with sausages, bacon rolls, gravy and bread sauce.