- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Turkey Breast With Rice Stuffing Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed rosemary leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, cooked and well drained (1 Package)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Turkey gravy||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Turkey breast||5 Pound|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.4 mg
Sodium 532.7 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 52 g104.8%
Vitamin A 55.6% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F
2. Season turkey inside our with salt and pepper
3. In a skillet, melt the butter over a medium low flame.
4. Add onion, celery, and rosemary and sauté until softened.
5. Tip in spinach, rice, 2 tablespoons gravy, salt and pepper and heat through.
6. Spoon this stuffing into the cavity of the seasoned turkey.
7. Truss the bird and arrange it, breast side up on a roasting rack fitted over a pan.
8. Roast in preheated oven for almost 3 hours, basting the bird occasionally with pan drippings, until internal temperature of meat is about 180 to 185° F or juices run clean when knife is inserted in tight portion and leg moves easily.
9. Remove turkey to serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm
10. Skim off fat from the pan juices leaving about 1/4 cup.
11. Stir in remaining gravy and heat on stove burner, stirring to loosen browned bits.
12. Strain into a sauce boat.
13. Carve the stuffed bird into serving portions and serve with stuffing spooned on top and gravy passed on the side.