- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Pork with Crackling Recipe Video
|Pork||500 Gram (cut of your choice)|
|Rice bran oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flaked salt||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110 mg36.7%
Sodium 2253 mg93.9%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.71 g2.8%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 36 g72.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 2.2% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven 220°C
2. Using a sharp paring knife, score the pork rind into thin strips, cutting up to half way through the fat beneath the skin.
3. Place the pork on a rack in a roasting pan, rind side up.
4. Using your hands, rub the oil all over the pork, and sprinkle flaked salt all over the skin pressing them in as you can.
5. Put the pork on the high shelf in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
6. Lower the heat to 175°C and allow cooking time of 20 to 30 minutes per 500 grams.
7. After half way through cooking time, add 1 cup of wine and 1 cup of stock on to the pan and roast for rest of the time while mixing the roast juices.
8. Check the meat by inserting a skewer to the thickest part of meat. The juice that runs out should be clear.
9. Once the pork is cooked, remove it from the oven and rest it for 10 minutes.
10. Carve the pork in slices and serve with some crackling in each portion.