- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Pork Tenderloin Recipe Video
|Pork tenderloin||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Onions||3 Small, sliced|
|Granny smith apples||2 Large, cored and sliced|
|Apple cider||330 Milliliter (hard, 1 bottle)|
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 200.4 mg
Sodium 235.9 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 60 g119.7%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 22.1%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a plate, place the tenderloin and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, on both the sides.
3. In a Dutch oven, melt butter, place the tenderloin and sear it on all side, until light brown in colour.
4. Remove the pork and set aside.
5. In the same pot add in onions and apples, add salt and stir for 2 minutes.
6. Deglaze, the pot with apple cider, add in thyme.
7. Return the tenderloin to the pot, put the lid on and turn off the heat.
8. Put it in oven and allow to cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145F.
9. Remove the pot from oven and allow to cool for bout 5 minutes.
10. Slice it and serve hot with onions and apples.