- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Plum Duck Puffs Recipe
|Root ginger||1⁄2 , grated|
|Light soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Plum sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Groundnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||3 Tablespoon|
|Duck legs||2 (Skin On)|
|Onions spring||3 , finely sliced|
|Puff pastry||375 Gram (Ready Rolled)|
|Flour||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 1620 Calories from Fat 990
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.3%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 1784.2 mg74.3%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 80 g159.9%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a deep dish, mix the ginger, with soy sauce and plum sauce.
2) Add in honey and oil with duck leags.
3) Mix well in order to coat the legs with the marinade. 4) Cover the dish and chill for approximately 20 minutes.
5) Preheat the oven at the temperature of 160C or 140C/gas3.
6) In a non-stick baking tray, place the duck legs.
7) Roast the legs for 1 1/2 hours until crispy and brown.
8) In a small saucepan, add the remaining marinade and cook on low flame for 2 minutes then keep aside to cool.
9) Remove the meat from the roasted duck when it gets cooled enough to hold with hands.
10) Mix the shredded meat with the cold marinade. 11) Onto a floured surface, unroll the pastry and roll it out into thin large sheet to take out 10 circles.
12) With the help of 9-10 cm round cutter, cut 10 circles.
13) Place 2 tbsp of duck filling in the center of each circle. 14) With a brush, put egg on the edges of the circles.
15) Fold the circles with the filling in shpe of half moon. 16) Seal the edges perfectly.
17) On a baking tray, place the puffs and brush them with more egg. 18) Bake them for 15-20 minutes.
19) You may also keep the puffs in freezer for future use. Bake 5 minutes extra if using frozen puffs.
20) Serve the puffs with sauce of your choice.
21) Use the leftover filling for sandwiches and wraps.