- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Loin Of Pork with Spinach Mushroom Stuffing Recipe
|Fresh spinach/10 ounce bag of spinach||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boneless pork loin||8 Pound (1 Loin, Prepared For Stuffing)|
|Dried thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6953 Calories from Fat 2479
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 276 g424.3%
Saturated Fat 99.5 g497.4%
Trans Fat 1.9 g
Cholesterol 3014.1 mg
Sodium 2494.3 mg103.9%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.5 g74.2%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 1011 g2022%
Vitamin A 873.3% Vitamin C 246.8%
Calcium 94.6% Iron 275.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add spinach, after discarding the stems, to boiling water and cook till spinach wilts. Drain well and chop.
3. Discard the tough stems of cleaned mushrooms and chop roughly.
4. Take a heavy skillet, add butter and allow to melt it. Add garlic and onion to butter and cook till they turn soft. Add mushrooms and on medium heat, cook for 4 to 5 mins till liquid completely evaporates. Add spinach and cream and cook, stirring, for about 2 to 3 minutes to allow liquid to evaporate completely. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stuff loin roast centre with mushroom mixture and with a string, close the roast by tying.
6. Arrange in roasting pan, sprinkle thyme on top and bake for 2 hours.
7. Take out from oven and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
8. Slice and serve with fruit chutney, red or green pepper jelly.