- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Lamb with Pea and Mint Mash Recipe Video
|For mashed potatoes|
|Kale greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peas||3 Tablespoon|
|Mint leaves||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Lamb chops||24 Ounce|
|Asparagus spears||8 Medium|
|For mint and honey sauce|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Mint sauce||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 674 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.3 mg2.1%
Sodium 402.3 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C 112.8%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash potatoes well and put them to boil in a large pot of salted water.
2. Heat a large saute pan over medium high and when hot (almost smoking), sear the lamb chops for about 2 minutes each side.
3. Transfer the lamb chops to a baking dish. Make honey and mint sauce glaze to baste them. Combine mint paste, honey and black pepper. Brush generously over the lamb chops.
5. Pop the lamb chops into a hot oven (350 degree F) for about 15 minutes.
6. In the meantime, grill asparagus on a grill pan, two minutes on each side until tender-crisp. Or roast them in the oven if you like.
7. When the potatoes are tender, remove them to a bowl. Add boiled peas and kale to the water used to boil the potatoes and cook for a few minutes.
8. Peel (or leave skins on if you like) and mash potatoes using a potato masher. Add drained peas and kale, chopped mint, cheese and milk and mash again to a smooth consistency
9. To serve, put mashed potatoes on a plate and place roasted lamb chop over it. Place asparagus spears on the side and drizzle mint with honey sauce around it. Garnish with mint leave.