- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Lamb With Lima Recipe
|Dry lima beans||1 Pound (Large Size)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Pound, sliced|
|Canned beef broth||13 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Leg of lamb||4 Pound, shank removed|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), thinly sliced|
Calories 452 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.7 mg
Sodium 594.8 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 38 g75.9%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 5% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pan, soak the beans overnight till tender
2. Drain the beans and add them to water in a 8 1/2-quart saucepot.
3. Bring the water to boil over medium heat and cover, reduce heat to low and simmer the beans for 45 minutes till done.
4. Drain the beans when cooked and place them in a 15 1/2 X 11 x 2-inch bake & roast pan.
5. In a 12-inch fry pan, melt butter
6. Add onions to the pan and sautÃ© for 10-11 minutes till they are lightly browned.
7. Add this to the beans in the pan
8. Combine the broth, salt, pepper and bay leaf and pour this over the beans and onions. Stir this to blend and spread this over the bottom of the pan
9. Make small slits on the top of the lamb roast and insert garlic slices in the slits
10. Sprinkle with rosemary
11. Season with salt and pepper
12. Place the roast on the bean and onion mixture and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 400°F.
13. Let stand for fifteen minutes before serving
14. Serve hot