- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Lamb With Apple And Orange Gravy Recipe
|Unsweetened apple juice||156 Milliliter (2/3 Cup)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||156 Milliliter (2/3 Cup)|
|Lamb leg||3 1⁄2 Pound (1 Leg, 1.6 Kilogram)|
|All-purpose flour||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Arrowroot||30 Milliliter, mixed with 4 tablespoons water / 30 milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Arrowroot||30 Milliliter, mixed with 4 tablespoons water (2 Tablespoons)|
|Water||30 Milliliter, mixed with arrowroot (4 Tablespoons)|
|Water||30 Milliliter (Mixed With Arrowroot, 4 Tablespoons)|
|For the side dishes:|
|Yams||6 Medium, scrubbed|
|Swiss chard||32 Ounce (2 Bunches, 16 Ounce Each, 454 Gram Each)|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter, freshly squeezed (1 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
Calories 1299 Calories from Fat 556
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 301.6 mg
Sodium 686.7 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 83 g165%
Vitamin A 286.1% Vitamin C 221.3%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 73.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C) before roasting.
2) In a medium-sized saucepan, bring half the apple juice and half the orange juice to a vigorous boil and then simmer for about 17 minutes until the mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup (59 ml).
3) Take it off from heat and let cool.
4) Into a flavor injector, pour the reduced juice.
5) On a flat surface, put the lamb and inject all over with small amounts of the juice.
6) Coat lamb with the flour and arrange on a rack in a roasting pan and roast for 80 minutes in preheated oven.
7) Pour 1/2 cup (118 ml) of water to the roasting pan to keep the pan drippings from burning.
8) After 30 minutes of cooking of lamb, keep the yams in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
9) Take off the yams from oven and remove the flesh from the skins and mash.
10) Allow it to stay warm until ready to serve.
11) In a steamer, place the chard and steam for 5 minutes.
12) Drizzle it with the lemon juice.
13) Take off the lamb from the roasting pan when done and set aside.
14) On the stovetop over medium heat, arrange the pan full of cooking juices and then mix in remaining apple and orange juices, scraping up completely all the residues.
15) Pour it into a fat-strainer jug after straining.
16) Into a medium-sized saucepan, pour the juices from the strainer, stopping when you get to the fat and cook it until heated through.
17) Take it off from the heat and then mix in arrowroot slurry.
18) Place it back to heat and stir until thickened.
19) Take it off again from heat and keep aside.
20) Place the lamb on a carving board and carve it into thin slices.
21) Arrange 3 slices on each plate and cover with the gravy.
22) On the side, spoon with a mound of yams and one of chard.
23) Serve at once.