- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Lamb Middle Eastern Style Recipe
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Fresh mint||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Use 1 Small Bunch)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 895 Calories from Fat 426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.7%
Saturated Fat 20 g100.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.8 mg
Sodium 3172.4 mg132.2%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.5%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 72 g144.3%
Vitamin A 144.3% Vitamin C 224%
Calcium 35.9% Iron 77.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Chop onions, whole lemon and mint leaves until very fine; blend with 1 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
3. Press all but 1/4 cup of mixture on surface of lamb. Place roasting pan on rack in oven; pour the 3 cups boiling water into pan.
4. Roast in hot oven (425°) 15 minutes; reduce heat to slow (325°) and roast 1 hour and 45 minutes, basting several times with water in pan, for rare lamb. Roast 30 minutes longer for medium lamb. Remove the roast from pan to a heated serving platter and sprinkle with reserved green-onion mixture. Keep warm while making gravy.
5. Strain liquid in roasting pan into 4-cup measure; allow to stand for 5 minutes; skim off all fat. Return liquid to roasting pan; heat to boiling. Combine flour with the 1/2 cup cold water to make a smooth paste; stir into bubbling liquid. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles 3 minutes. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and serve in heated gravy boat.
6. Garnish platter with lemon wedges and green onions, if you wish.