- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Gravy Recipe
|Raw bones||225 Gram|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 579 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 145.4 mg48.5%
Sodium 2737.2 mg114%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 65 g129.9%
Vitamin A 188.8% Vitamin C 14.7%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. When half browned add finely minced celery, carrot, and onion.
3. Drain off all fat.
4. Place in a saucepan with stock or water.
5. Bring to boil. Skim and allow to simmer. 6. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
7. Remove the joint from the roasting tin when cooked.
8. Return tray to a low heat to allow sediment to settle.
9. Carefully strain off the fat leaving the sediment in the tin.
10. Return to the stove and brown carefully. Swill with the brown stock.
11. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
12. Cheek for seasoning.
13. Strain and skim.