- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Goose with Fruit Stuffing Recipe
|Young goose||9 Pound, frozen (1 Piece)|
|Dried fruits||11 Ounce, mixed (1 Package)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White bread slice||10 , toasted and diced|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Apricot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apricot brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1730 Calories from Fat 1271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g216.6%
Saturated Fat 42.9 g214.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 326.6 mg
Sodium 437.8 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 67 g134.4%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 50.1%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 57.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Wash and clean the ducklings from inside and out using cold water. Dry properly.
3. Season some salt and lemon juice into cavities. Smooth neck skin over back, then twist wing tips until they rest flat against sides.
4. Take a large bowl and mix together bread cubes, green onions, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms.
5. In a small bowl, drain syrup from pineapple and set aside to make sauce.
6. Cut 4 slices of the pineapple and add to bread mixture. Drizzle 1/2 cup of the melted butter or margarine over top; toss lightly to mix.
7. Add into cavities in ducklings, packing in lightly. Lace opening together with poultry pins or skewers and string.
8. Place ducklings on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Do not add any water or cover pan.
9. Roast in slow oven 1 1/2 hours; pour all drippings from pan.
10. In a small saucepan, mix the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine with soy sauce and honey. Heat and start stirring constantly, to boiling. Brush part over ducklings.
11. Keep on roasting, brushing with remaining soy mixture every 15 minutes, 1 hour, or until a drumstick moves easily and ducklings are richly golden.
12. Take a large serving platter and transfer ducklings into it.
13. Garnish with the remaining pineapple slices cut in half and mint.
14. Carve ducklings into quarters or cut with kitchen scissors and serve with Mandarin Sauce.