- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Goose Recipe
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dressed goose||12 Pound|
|Apples||2 Pound (6 Medium Size)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 21210 Calories from Fat 16530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1833 g2819.5%
Saturated Fat 532.8 g2664.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4354.4 mg
Sodium 4374.6 mg182.3%
Total Carbohydrates 270 g90.1%
Dietary Fiber 37.9 g151.5%
Sugars 180.7 g
Protein 871 g1741.3%
Vitamin A 105.1% Vitamin C 452.8%
Calcium 80.5% Iron 773.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Put into a large saucepan prunes and water.
3. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer about 10 min., or until prunes are partially tender. Drain prunes and remove pits. Set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, clean and remove any layers of fat from body cavity and opening of goose.
5. Cut off neck at body leaving on neck skin. (If goose is frozen, thaw according to directions on package.) Rinse and pat dry with absorbent paper. (Reserve giblets for use in other food preparation.)
6. Rub cavities of goose with salt.
7. Wash apples, pare, quarter, and core.
8. Lightly fill body and neck cavities with the apples and prunes. To close body cavity, sew or skewer and lace with cord. Fasten neck skin to back with skewer. Loop cord around legs and tighten slightly. Place breast-side down on rack in roasting pan.
9. Roast uncovered at 325°F. 3 hrs. Remove fat from pan as it accumulates during this period. Turn goose breast-side up. Roast 1 to 2 hrs. longer, or until goose tests done. To test for doneness, move leg gently by grasping end of bone; drumstick-thigh joint should move easily. (Protect fingers with paper napkin.) Allow about 25 min. per pound for total roasting time.