- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Garlic Herb Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 Medium, halved|
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.7 mg
Sodium 487.8 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 425 degree.
2. Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
3. Season the chicken from the inside first with salt, pepper, garlic powder, 1 tablespoon of thyme and 1 tablespoon of rosemary.
4. Stuff the lemon which is cut in half inside the chicken.
5. In a bowl, combine the butter and remaining thyme and rosemary.
6. Next, apply 2 tablespoons of the butter mix between the chicken skin and meat also put some fresh herbs the same way.
7. Apply the leftover butter and herb mixture outside of the chicken and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
8. Place the chicken upside down in the roasting dish; roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 40 minute, turning it every 20 minute.
9. Check if the chicken is cooked, with the help of a thermometer check the temperature it should be 140 degree.
10. Once done cover the dish with a foil and let it rests for 15 minute before you serve.
11. Serve it with roasted potatoes or tossed vegetables.
If you want to cook the chicken for some more time then you can reduce the temperature to 375 degree.