- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Duck, Melon and Mango Salad Recipe
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Plum sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Asian sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Oyster sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cooked duck||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), stems trimmed, rinsed well|
|Bosc pear||1 , peeled, cored and cut into 2 1/2 inch matchstick strips|
|Ripe mango||1 , peeled, pitted and cut into 2 1/2 inch matchstick strips|
|Honeydew melon||1⁄2 Small, peeled, seeded and cut into 2 1/2 inch matchstick strips|
|Cantaloupe||1⁄2 Small, peeled, seeded and cut into 2 1/2 inch matchstick strips|
|Seedless cucumber||1 , peeled and cut into 2 1/2 inch matchstick strips (Hothouse Variety)|
|Chopped roasted peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish Salad:)|
Calories 796 Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.1%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.6 mg
Sodium 1578.7 mg65.8%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 49.3 g
Protein 41 g82.9%
Vitamin A 102.2% Vitamin C 141.6%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, add the sauce ingredients and cook over a medium-low heat for 2 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally, until slightly thickened.
2) In a bowl, toss the sauce and shredded duck meat together and keep aside.
3) In a large serving platter, place the watercress in the center, then arrange the fruits and cucumber around the watercress in decorative small bunches.
4) Then place the dressed shredded duck meat over the watercress and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
5) Garnish over with the chopped cilantro and serve immediately.